Sunday, May 17, 2009

"I'm a Real Boy!"






Pinocchio cake for Isabelle's first birthday! Pinocchio is Isabelle's favorite movie and the only thing she will sit still for :) She is so adorable and was a little confused by the cake at first, but then pointed to it when her dad said "Pinocchio!"

40 meals will be donated to Food4Africa thanks to Ed & Kathy.

All decorations are edible, it was vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. I don't like using wires in cakes so I found these great plastic lollipop sticks to use for the stars instead. The cake also includes hand painted stars and the "wood" is made up of different colored fondant and hand painted details. One of my favorite cakes to make and deliver :o)

Some great Pinocchio quotes:
"A lie keeps growing and growing until it's as plain as the nose on your face. "-- The Blue Fairy
"I'm a real boy!"-- Pinocchio
"Pretty, huh? I'll bet a lot of you folks don't believe that, about a wish comin' true, do ya? Well, I didn't, either. Of course, I'm just a cricket singing my way from hearth to hearth, but let me tell you what made me change my mind."-- Jiminy Cricket

More photos to come of Isabelle with the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment